Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Week 2, Thing 3

Create your own blog & avatar, and then post it.
Boy, did I have trouble with this! I created the avatar, which was pretty easy, but then couldn't get it to upload to my blog site. That's one of the reasons I switched sites from Wordpress and created a new blog in Blogger. I think Wordpress is for business applications and is not as intuitive as I need (being a beginner). Once I switched to Blogger, it was much easier. One of my larger problems, of course is that I simply cannot remember all the passwords and user ID's!!!! And I fear writing it all down, because some Russian spy might find them and hack into all my stuff!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

The struggle with accounts and passwords only will become worse, I'm forewarning you. If you don't want to create a virtual document to keep track of it all, I suggest 1) ceating a web 2.0 username and password that you will use for all the accounts you are about to create (and make sure that it has a digit in addition to letters, and is 6 characters long) or 2) get yourself a little notebook that lives by your computer in which you physically write everything down. Current Russian spies don't look at dowdy little notebooks by school librarians home computers, studies show. By the way, in the long run wordpress is quite a good blog product, but I agree, blogger has made it supremely easy as a starter blog. And even as an ongoing blog.

Comet librarian 2 said...

I love the regal quality of your avatar.

I also have trouble with all the passwords. My solution was to use the same one for certain types of applications and keep a notebook for the rest.

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome to School Library Learning 2.0 - enjoy the discovery learning adventure.

I prefer blogger, too!
Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager
(sailing off coast of Costa Rica this week!)