Monday, April 28, 2008

Week 7, Thing 17

OK - I visited the "Sandbox" and tested my theory about wikis. WAY TOO LITTLE CONTROL! Unless you are wiki-ing with close associates, I don't know how you maintain any kind of integrity. I was able to just "blah blah blah" right in the middle of another person's post! Yipes! Not sure how this would work with middle schoolers. No, I take that back - I know EXACTLY how this would work!
Is there any way to monitor posts to a Wiki like you can with a blog? I like the free-form style of the Wiki as opposed to the "post a comment" structure of the blog, but am deterred from using it for my library because of the lack of control. I also surfed around the California Curriculum CSLA 2.0 portion of the wiki. It reminded me that there are even more things I want to try with web 2.0.

No comments: