Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Week 9, Thing 23

Woo Hoo! Finished just in time!!! I thoroughly enjoyed this program. Learned SO much, and had fun doing it. My hubby is a programmer and it was fun to finally be able to talk to him on his level (somewhat!) about web 2.0. He really wasn't very familiar with some of the things I did, since his work doesn't involve a lot of social networking 2.0 stuff. So it was fun to actually be ahead of him on some things.
We are going to offer the Web 2.0 for teachers to the district, and I've offered to be a cheerleader. I look forward to seeing how the teachers use the tools, and the blogs they create.
I'm wondering what I do with my blog now that it's over. I'd like to link it to my library web site and start all over with a library blog - student book reviews, suggestions, etc. The kids don't need to see all my Web 2.0 posts, so maybe I'll delete them and start fresh. I'd also like to fine-tune some of the page elements so it's more attractive and user-friendly.
Thanks ever so much for this program! What a kick it's been! Glad I finished just in time!!

3 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have successfully completed School Library Learning 2.0. You're now an official member of the CSLA 2.0 TEAM.

It is excellent that you will be offering Classroom Learning 2.0 to your teachers. That is a great way to keep learning about fun 2.0 tools.

Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

Becca said...

Congratulations! I am soooooo glad you persevered and sooooo sorry I fell off the cheerleading bandwagon.

I'd hang onto this blog for awhile rather than wiping it out, as you might find you want to refer to it to remember how to do something. Just start a new blog for your library. Plus, you can experiment with things on your "own" blog before launching them publicly with your school one.

Again, congratulations!

Mrs.Levy said...

Congrats Kelly! I just started the LL 2.0 (want to finish before I start those darn CLAD courses...)

I love your avatar, you look like a princess!

Susan Levy