Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week 4 and 5, Things 9 & 10

I am back after a long hiatus! Actually, I got frustrated and quit doing Web 2.0. I still hope I can finish by May 1st, but that will take some work. Some of my frustration stemmed from technical difficulties - I couldn't get the darned image generator to post to my blog. I spent HOURS and then gave up and tried some of the other Web 2.0 steps. But then I felt so overwhelmed! How do I winnow out what I don't need when I don't know what I need! There is just so much, and I am constantly feeling like I can never keep up.
OK back to my assignment: I added a few links to some library-related sites, and some news-related feeds. I also managed to get the online image generator to work. I did EXACTLY what I did before, but this time it worked. Why does that happen with technical stuff????
Also, I attended the CSLA Southern Section workshop at Taft High and was all gung-ho about setting up a Google calendar for the library. But once I got into it - and spent tons of time on it- I realized I don't like the layout of the Google calendar. I wanted to try to post it to my blog, but as you can see I can't figure out how to configure it to fit on the blog properly. I'll keep trying. I tried to post it only in the weekly format, but it didn't work.
The more I do, the more confidence I gain. So I guess I should keep going!

No comments: